Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 9: Pet Peeves

I have many, MANY, pet peeves. Some of which I'm silent about, others I repeat to the world over and over again.

Let's start with an easy one... The new opening to Doctor Who. *Unpopular opinion time!!* I'm rapidly losing my fondness for Amy Pond. Not necessarily her as a character, (although I don't think, nor ever have thought she deserves Rory) but this whole "turn Doctor Who into the Amy Pond show" is trying my patience. After the show's opening scene when it's supposed to cut to the credit sequence and I hear "when I was a little girl..." instead, it's all I can do to not just shut it off and leave the room. Instant hate. I'm over it. The show is titled Doctor Who not Amy Pond-Loser Face.

I understand if any of you unfollow me due to the above rant.

Another skin crawling annoyance I have is when people forget there are two sides to every story. Especially in "entertainment news" (which I loathe) and politics. I tend to steer away from such topics, anyway. I find myself wanting to turn it into a debate on human intentions, and the arguer's narrow perspectives, which people frown upon. So, I keep my mouth shut. I don't like to hurt people's feelings, and calling their interests ignorant, and their opinions mean, often leads to injured pride. I'm not in the business of being an asshole. Well, I try not to be...

Sometimes people have this little habit of using the same joke over, and over, and over, and over, and over... Leave it alone people! There are several of my family members of which I can predict what they're going to say in response to something, only because they use that "joke" a hundred times a day. Get some new material. Please! I beg you!

Don't eat my food. I'll kill you dead. That's all I need to say on that one.

I really hate loaning my stuff out. Really. I'm not sure if it's because I'm afraid to get it back, or if I think you're going to wreck whatever I give you... I don't know. I just don't like doing it.

You know when you go to the bathroom (stay with me, I'm not going to get gross) and you reach over... and THERE IS NO TOILET PAPER. Yup. How hard is it to just put a new roll in the dispenser?! I don't understand! It's so disrespectful to care only about your own butt and not the butts of others! Ever heard of common courtesy?! Yeah... You're doing it wrong. WRONG.

Well, I can really go on for days... but, I'm just going to leave you with these choice few pet peeves, and release you to go about your day.

No comments: