Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 1: Write Some Basic Things About Yourself

I could just copy/paste either of my blog "descriptions", but that's sort of a cheater's way to start off a writing challenge. Not that I'm opposed to cheating, I do that a lot (not in relationships, mind you).

Any who, I usually start with something along the lines of: I'm just a girl who likes to write stuff. While that is completely true, I feel it only describes me professionally, not so much personally. I do write. Not as much as I used to, but I'm on my way back to writing on a regular basis. That's where this challenge will hopefully come in.

But, I digress. Let's start with a few "basic" facts.

  1. I'm a 26 year old lady
  2. My hair is usually deep brown, but is currently reddish brown
  3. My eyes are reminiscent of chocolate drops
  4. Single
  5. Childless
  6. Caretaker of two cats, a dog, and a fish
  7. Newest resident of Idaho

I like to read, watch movies and television, and spend far too much of my day onTumblr. I listen to music a lot of people don't listen to, and not even in a hipster way. The iPod is packed to the brim with movie scores and Disney music. IN MY DEFENSE: words usually don't cut it for me, when I'm in certain emotional states, and I used to work for Disney. (Yes, I was in entertainment, and no, I can't give you many details)

I have a loud family. I spend a lot of time with said loud family. If I ever take a dude to meet them, they will hate him and I've come to terms with that. We don't like "outsiders". Huh... Sounds like I'm in a mob family.

I'm not. But, my crew is bad ass in their own way.

I'm an avid watcher of Doctor Who, Friends, Project Runway, Food Challenge, The Office, Big Bang Theory, House Hunter's International, Fraiser, any British comedy, and... that's all I can think of on the spot.

My favorite movie is Moulin Rouge!, followed by Stay, Almost Famous, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Labyrinth, Star Wars, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Burn After Reading, and a hundred thousand Disney movies.

I like outer space, theater, NASCAR, polar bears, coffee, flowers, pirates, fashion, football, black lace, dolphins, and my favorite color is green.

I'm in love with the following men: Captain Hook, Jareth the Goblin King, Darth Vader, The Phantom of the Opera, Jaime Lannister, Lestat, and James Bond.

I feel the need to mention my love of coffee again.

Coffee.

What else...? I used to dance, I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue, lightening is one of my best friends, and ravens spy on me.

Also, I'm a crazy person.

No comments: