Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 18: Name the TV Show You've Become Addicted to

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Don't judge me!

I freaking love this show.

I grew up on My Little Ponies. I wanted to live with them. They were my best friends. When this new generation pooped up, I wasn't sure I liked their new design. Then (thanks to a few MLP tumblrs, which are awesome) I found the screencaps hilarious, and a nice use of animation. So, I checked into it, and decided to watch a few episodes. I thought it was... nice. They were okay, not terrific. Then, Pinkie Pie showed up. OH MY HELL. She makes the show. Her randomness is flawless, and she makes perfect sense by not making any sense. If that makes any sense...

After I understood the dynamic and the way each pony contributes, I fell in love. I also love the way it's funny, but not in a crude, or demeaning way. So many shows for kids these days are obnoxious, loud, and disrespectful. Young people get enough of that in the real world. Let's show them some fun, and beauty.

And, Pinkie Pie is funny.


No comments: