Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 20: Concerts You Have Attended

This is where you're going to roll your eyes. Get ready for it. Seriously, stretch first.

Music is very important to me. I listen to it. I love it.

But, not in any sort of "normal" way. My favorite genres would be film scores and classical. Enough of the stalling, on to the list.

  1. My first concert I attended was Lee Greenwood. I was two-ish years old and it was at the Utah State fair. He blew me a kiss.
  2. Next was Billy Ray Cyrus. I was nine and in the third grade. He was my idol. Because of that, he will always have a special place in my heart.
  3. After that came Garth Brooks. (Can you tell I was raised on country music?) I sat with my cousin Andrea and school chum Jenna. We were 12 or 13, I don't remember exactly. Any who, he put on a good show.
  4. Since I got the aforementioned school chum a ticket to Garth Brooks, she scored me a ticket to the Brooks & Dunn/Reba McEntire concert. I had a ball, because Reba was very important to me. Still is. There's even a rather legitimate chance I'm related to her. For reals.
  5. Now we move into the boy band phase. Excited?! Okay. N'SYNC. I only got to see the last half of the encore. Why, you ask? Excellent question. We got tickets months in advance, and I learned later that I had a rehearsal. This was during my ballet dancer years, and the rehearsal was deemed "VERY IMPORTANT". So, I did my dancer duty and went to rehearsal. Lame. I shouldn't have, the rehearsal hardly involved me and I was pissed. But! You gotta do what you gotta do. I rushed to the concert late, and missed the entire show. I did enjoy the limo ride home with my girls, though.
  6. N'SYNC again. This time, I saw the whole show, and we were about 15th row on the ground. We had a freaking blast. I wore my wristband for weeks.
  7. Chris LeDoux. My mom rodeoed with him in Europe decades (did you hear that Mom? I said decades) ago. So, we've always been fans.
  8. One more for Chris LeDoux. He didn't sing Copenhagen this time around. So after the show, people who brought Copenhagen cans threw them at the stage anyway. My mom chucked hers right into a security guard. Awesome.
  9. December of 2007 I was taken to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. My hell, what a show. Those people redefine epic. I'm bummed I have yet to see Beethoven's Last Night. However, this show was so much fun. I felt on top of the world. My friend Chaz and I had the time of our lives and will never forget it.

Thus ends my list. It's a little sad, but I don't think I'm really bothered by it. Concerts aren't really my thing. I enjoyed every single one of them, but I'm pretty content about my lack of concert attendance.

No comments: