Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 15

Day 15: A Fanfic

Alright. I don't write nor read "fanfics" (fiction written about already existing stories, unofficial spin offs, if you will).

I don't really have anything against fanfics. I just... I don't know, there's no real substance to them. And, aren't there some sort of copyright laws being violated there? I know for some, it may be flattering or what not. But, if people were writing about the lives of my characters, I'd be pissed. I'd feel like you'd be ruining my characters and their lives. Then, as a result, my life. Back off! Try writing your OWN story. With your OWN people. Have we, as a society, completely run out of originality?! We have to rewrite someone else's crap?! Ingenuity people! Trust me... it's better! Why do you think I wear mismatched earrings, or write my own novels, or do my own interior decorating? Because it's ME. Not someone else's opinion or idea of what's awesome. It IS awesome. It's 100% authentic. It's real.

Huh... I guess I do have something against fanfics.

*shrug*

No comments: