Saturday, October 20, 2012

H-A-Double L-O-W-Double E-N Spells...

Halloween!!

I just wanted to let you all know I'm very excited. My costume is picked out, and almost ready to go. This year I will be dressed as a Musketeer (specifically Athos, in case you were interested). My sister and dear friend Jaci will be my two companions. Trick-or-Treating may even be involved. I just have a hard time saying no to free candy. A girl's gotta eat, right?

Pictures will soon follow the festivities, so be ready.

I just can't contain my excitement! I've been a Musketeer fan for such a long time. I'm currently reading Twenty Years After (the sequel to Dumas' The Three Musketeers) and loving every minute of it. Dumas has such a unique way of storytelling, and is utterly hilarious. He's definitely one of my favorites. Which, if I do say so myself, is saying something.

So! Enjoy the festive look of the blog, and do let me know and/or show me pictures of your costumes. I'm looking forward to all of the wonderful ideas people are going to come up with. For one night, people get to be someone else. It's such a lovely thought. Being someone different only for a moment. You get to choose who you're going to be. Maybe that's why my love for Halloween will live forever. I can choose who I am. Instead of being afraid of confrontation, or wimpy, I get to be dashing and daring. WITH A SWORD. Did I mention that awesome little detail? I get a sword! It's going to be an incredible night...

Boo!

No comments: