Friday, October 12, 2012

The Middle of the Term

That's right! Mid-terms!!

Thankfully mine are broken into two weeks so I don't have to take five exams in one day. But still! I am really not in any mood to take scary tests. Nor am I in the mood to study for them. See? Here I am blogging about nothing just to put off the hours of "cramming".

Psychology is going to kill me. I was really hoping to minor in it, however the teaching style of my professor isn't meshing with my try really hard not to let my mind wander off or fall asleep learning style. Grr... I feel kind of bad too. She's a nice lady.

Then there's Tai Chi. Will you allow me to first express how much I love Tai Chi? Thank you. I love Tai Chi. A lot. Any who, that mid-term won't be so bad. I'm not entirely stressed about memorizing a few (or fifteen) principals of a martial art. No biggie.

International Relations. I did well on the first exam and if it's anything like that, I should be okay. I did some good research on weapons of mass destruction, and I'm basically a pro debater on the Israel/Palestine conflict (except I'm really not, debating is SCARY). This class is my favorite. Even if our subject matter does make you want to kill yourself.

Philosophy. Oh... Philosophy. I get the concepts, and I'll probably do alright. I'm not so good at finding things wrong with ancient theories. I get this feeling that they just can't be right, but ask me for a way to prove it wrong, and all I can do is shrug my shoulders and say "... just cause?" Not. Good. Also, Aristotle is a twerp, and if he comes up in an essay question I will more than likely say that. Sorry not sorry.

Lastly, there's math. The bane of my pitiful existence. Actually, math this semester is going rather well. I think, for once in my life, it's not my biggest, baddest, most crippling fear. Huh... Who'd a thunk?

Alright, faithful readers. I'm going to skedaddle and learn/relearn/memorize millions of facts* only to forget them a week later.

Oh! Before I go I feel the need to thank you all for the outpouring of nice things you said regarding my last post. I have many supportive people in my circle and I'm honored to know each and every one of you. Many, many thanks.

Buh-bye!


*Could you imagine if one had to actually memorize a million facts in one sitting? I'd die.

No comments: