Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25th 2010

*Disclaimer: This blog entry's purpose is to encourage me to write. That's all. I'm just writing about my (incredibly lame and boring) day. Any conclusions drawn other than "well, alright" are purely coincidental.*

I woke up this morning FREEZING. I swear I could see my breath. (I really couldn't, but I almost felt like it) After shivering for a few moments, I checked my phone, both to note the time and make sure I had no messages. Why I would have a message is beyond me, it was 8:43. The only person to think of messaging me that early would be Jessie, because she's two hours ahead of me. But, she knows better than to communicate before 10:00 my time, anyway. Smart kid.

As I was saying, it was 8:43 and I was cold. "Freezing" is the word I think I used. Yes, freezing was the word. That's what I was. After dropping the phone back on my "nightstand" (I use the term loosely, for it really isn't a nightstand at all; more of a tower of plastic drawers I got at Wal-mart, but it's the surface closet to the bed and therefore used as if it were, indeed, a nightstand) I tried to go back to sleep. Those efforts were fruitless, though. What's the first thing you have to do when you wake up...? That's right. I had to pee.

But, it was so cold! To go to the loo would mean getting out from under the snugly blankets, and away from the two warm cat bodies keeping me alive. With a little (or loud and pathetic) whimper, I crawled out of the bed and dashed to the little girl's room; which, I feel the need to add, is clear down the hall and entirely too far away from my bedroom.

After that business was taken care of I went back to my room and stared at my pile of dirty laundry. It took me quite some time to find what I was looking for. Mind you, I did not have my glasses on, nor had I any coffee, so this could have gone on for several hours. Any who, I finally found my fleece pants, and plucked a pair of socks out of the drawer. The pants went on over my Star Wars (that's right, STAR WARS) shorts, and the socks were pulled onto my little feeties. And, what do you know? My purple hooded jacket is right there next to my laundry pile (Alright, it was IN the laundry pile) Think I'm going to resist that on this frigid morning? On goes the jacket. Zip goes the zipper. The hood is flung over my head, and I crawl back under the blankets. I go back to sleep for another hour.

Ah, the life of the unemployed.

After waking up (again) I go on with my day. Two cups of coffee, check the Facebook, the Tumblr, the e-mail, and watch my programs. In case you're curious those would be: Young and the Restless, and Passport to Europe with Samantha Brown. Today's featured destination was Salzburg, Austria. Dudes! That place looks extraordinary. A four hour tour of the Sound of Music filming locations?! Sign me the up! Not to mention many historical Mozart attractions to be seen. Seriously, so cool.

Now that my morning "routine" was completed I decided to get done what needed to be done. Just before I make my way to the bathroom to wash my face, however, I smell it. That specific smell I smelled the day before, but ignored. Today, it was stronger. *sniff sniff* Yep. That's something dead. Where is it...? I check under the couch, in case the cat did something gross with a mouse. Nothing. But... this is where it smells the most. What's behind the couch? The window. What's in the window well? A nice dead duck. Lovely.

Can I just say how sad I am for this duck? Not only are they one of the only birds I'm not afraid of, but they're just cute and have some cool characteristics. Also, the way my window well sits under the upstairs windows, the duck had to have gotten stuck down there, and then died. So sad. I could have saved her had I known she was in trouble. I'm sorry little girl duck. I'm really sad that that happened to you.

So, my uncle takes care of the duck, and (after lighting a scented candle for awhile) my basement smells much better. I now proceed with my day's events.

I clean myself up, put on the makeups, and style the hair. After selecting an outfit of a black skirt, blue polo, and flip flops I head out the door. Where do I go? Only to the amazing Walgreen's! One prescription refill for Kim please. Fifteen minutes later, drugs in hand, I decide: "I'm this close to the coffee house, I may as well pop over there for a tea and a quiet read". So, that's exactly what I do. My white orchid tea was delectable, and my current read is particularly enchanting, so it was nice. A nice looking guy came in, about half an hour after I got there. I made eye contact, then went back to reading; thinking he'll think I'm cute and come over to flirt.

He didn't.

After a little while I pack it up and go home. My tea was about gone, and I wanted to tidy up my living room now that the unpleasant odor had left (aw, I'm still sad about it). That ended up only taking a few moments, I'm a rather clean person, I guess. So what do I do? Throw my bed comforter in the washer and play chess.

After the computer kicked my ass a couple hundred times, I elect to call it quits and help out with dinner. Uncle Scotty showed me his way of making biscuits and gravy, which I found fascinating. It was damn good, too. I'm glad my appetite is returning. I missed it, wholeheartedly.

And that brings me to where I decide to blog whilst I digest. Here I am. Blogging. Digesting. What an eventful life I lead.

No comments: