Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kimmy's Golden!

Alright... So, it was my birthday a little while ago. And, not just any birthday. My golden birthday. I turned 25 on the 25th. I was thrilled *enter sarcasm here*. For lack of a better phrase... I just wasn't feeling it. Which was disheartening being as I've been looking forward to this precise birthday for a good number of years. Which sort of turned into a double whammy... I was bummed about being bummed. Awesome. Anywho...

A few of us journeyed to our local Ruby Tuesdays for a delicious meal. Lacie and I made a list of 25 things to do on my 25th birthday. To your left you'll find me accomplishing #23 (eat birthday steak). Fear not mine followers, I quickly thrust the broccoli upon my sister directly after the photo.

Other items upon the list included:
#2 Perform a Chinese fire drill
#19 See a movie I've never seen
#9 Do the chicken dance
#5 Get 25 signatures upon a birthday card
#12 Howl whenever the word "birthday" is said
#20 Meet 25 strangers
#17 Whenever exiting a building exclaim "may the force be with you!"

#13 Make a list of 25 things I want to do before I turn 26:
1. Get halfway done or finish a writing a book
2. Get a "job"
3. Buy exercise equipment
4. Go canoeing
5. Visit Jessie/Disney
6. Go to Yellowstone
7. Read The Alchemist
8. Get a frog for Dagobah*
9. Obtain a passport
10. Donate blood
11. Pay off credit card
12. Eat at the Tea Room in the Grand America Hotel
13. Go camping
14. Put up curtains in my bathroom
15. Start running again
16. Go to a museum
17. Find the perfect swimsuit
18. Consider serious tattoo options
19. Go to the ballet
20. Hang pictures in my hallway
21. See The Breakfast Club
22. Make an actual career move
23. Lose at least 20 pounds
24. Make and/or obtain a Jedi cloak
25. Go through my crap and donate stuff

*My mom got me a "frog habitat" modeled after the Dagobah system from Star Wars. It even comes with a teeny tiny Yoda.

Whew. I find it a significant list. I've already started going through the boxes in my study and have one whole bag of stuff to donate. Go me.

Speaking of my study. It got an overhaul. I acquired a new (better and matching) bookshelf. Therefore, I had to rearrange. It's far better now than it once was. Not to mention I was able to frame a number of things I wanted to put up, including my writing "award" and my official Jedi Padawan training certificate. It's all kinds of fancy in there now. Makes me happy.

I would like to take this time in my blog to thank those who attended my birthday celebration; and apologize for forcing you out in the cold to help me reach my quota of strangers and signatures. I would also like to thank my family for taking me to Olive Garden and the movie, my mom for the car light, book, and picture frame, my sister for the fabulous box, Lacie for the adorable bag of awesomeness, the Schneider's for the gift card, and for viewers like you.

Thank you.

Meh heh heh.

1 comment:

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

So did you complete your list of things to do on your birthday? Cause that sounds awesome! What a fun day!