Thursday, February 18, 2010

Days 01-04

Day 01: Favorite Song

The Princess Pleads for Wallace's Life
James Horner
London Symphony Orchestra

I do have a THOUSAND favorite songs. But, this one always seems to put me someplace else when I hear it. Each time it plays on the many playlists it lives in within my iPod I'm instantly transported to a place of beauty, enchantment and a bit of mystery. It's subtle and genuine, with a sense of unique-ness not found anywhere else in my world. I absolutely adore it. It suits me and any mood I may be in at anytime. Sometimes I feel as though it was written for me; as if tailored to my one of a kind style. Thank you Horner, I will forever be in your debt for this piece.


Day 02: Favorite Movie


Moulin Rouge!
Directed by Baz Luhrmann

This is one I had no trouble determining as a favorite. I have an actual list of "Favorite Movies of All Time", and this movie tops it. The collage of music, period wardrobe, unconventional love, and true beauty, makes this film the best. It's in your face and all over the place. This movie is a total spaz! (Quite like myself.) And the tango! I have no words for the Tango d'Roxanne... Remember... The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.



Day 03: Favorite Television Program



Friends
1994-2004

This I had trouble with. There are so many great shows out there. This one, however, is the one I watch the most, quote the most, and when I see it on the cable guide, I HAVE to watch it. I can't look away. Those reasons are what led me to label it my official favorite. My cousin Andrea and I have determined that you can relate any life moment to a Friends quote and/or episode. We have yet to prove that theory wrong. It was well written, with exquisitely portrayed characters that were relatable, and 100% lovable. When this show ended, I felt like my actual friends left me. Sad, I know, but it's the truth.

Day 04: Favorite Book
Not being able to choose a "favorite" (it really is like choosing a favorite child...) I've listed some that really stand out, and will remain with me FOREVER.

Capt. Hook
J.V. Hart

Tells the story of the young Jas. Hook. Of coarse this would be one of my favorites. I'm in love with the good Captain even more after reading this novel.



Lord of the Rings
J.R.R. Tolkien

Duh. Of coarse this would be a contender for my "favorite book". Epic, Adventurous, Magical, this one has it all. Pure brilliance.



Eldest (Book 2 in the Inheritance Cycle)
Christopher Paolini

Imaginative in a believable way. Arya is one of my most favorite literary characters EVER. May not be written the best... but it has a nice delivery and makes you think of these people as real; with real emotions and real reasons for doing for what they do. This book is my particular favorite in the series, because it gives us quite a bit of Paolini's version of an Elven culture. Which, I love.


Stardust
Neil Gaiman

It's a fairy tale for adults! Yes! How could you go wrong?! While it differs slightly from the movie, it's beautiful. Really, I get a twinkle in my eye when I think about it...


There you have it. My first four day of "30 Days of Blog". I hope you all enjoyed my choices and, perhaps, learned a little something about my personality and taste. What is in store for tomorrow...? Tune in for an all new "Kim's 30 Days of Blog"!!

Meh heh heh.










1 comment:

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

I totally agree about Friends! One of the best shows EVER. And I quote it all the time too!