Friday, July 16, 2010

Reasons I Don't Date

Due to this week's experiences, here is the list of reasons I hate dating:

1. I suck at it.
2 I don't have the patience.
3. I hate games.
4. I don't like people touching me.
5. There's too much pressure.
6. I hate flirting.
7. I suck at flirting.
8. I'm too in control of my "emotions".
9. I don't trust people, especially men.
10. I'm not good with forgiveness.
11. I don't take compliments easily.
12. People aren't as honest as they should be.
13. Boys are too simple.
14. Boys are so simple, they end up confusing me.
15. Actions speak louder than words and people forget that.
16. I don't like to make eye contact.
17. I over-analyze EVERYTHING in EVERY aspect of my life.
18. I'm not sure I even WANT to get married.
19. I hate the "what does this mean?" game.
20. I'm not normal when it comes to anything else, why would I want to "date"? That sounds like something a normal person would do.
21. Meeting other people's families really freaks me out.
22. Apparently, Captain Hook isn't real. Therefore, why bother?
23. My cats will always love me more than any man ever could.
24. I've heard/witnessed too many horror stories.
25. I'm pretty emotionally independant.
26. I'm pretty spiritually independant.
27. I hate that I have to pretend I don't burp.
28. Let's be honest, nobody will ever be rich enough *shrug*
29. Too many people lose themselves within their "significant other". I refuse to lose myself. I'd rather be alone.
30. I have a fear of abandonment.
31. My dog gives me more kisses than I will ever need.
32. Not enough men like ballet.
33. I'm too ticklish.
34. I don't handle anger well, and boys make me angry.
35. I don't like who I am when I'm trying to impress people.
36. You shouldn't have to try to impress people.
37. Men in books are just SO MUCH BETTER.
38. It's too hard to list the foods I do and do not eat.
39. I absolutely DETEST insincerity, and that happens all too often when "dating".
40. PDAs? Not a chance.
41. I'm a black and white sort of person. I hate when anything is in a gray area.
42. I hate waiting for someone other than myself to make a decision.
43. Too many people are cowards.

Shall I go on...?

5 comments:

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

Until number 18, I was going to suggest you just pull a "Dharma and Greg". Meet a man and marry him in the same day. Then you don't have to worry about games and such! But dating should definitely be fun. If the fun doesn't outweigh the frustrations, maybe you should give it up cold turkey.

J_on_tour said...

Ha Ha...What a great read, i agree with 21 of those, hope your dog doesn't tickle you too much when he's giving you a kiss!! I've no idea how i linked on to your page but it was worth it.

Anonymous said...

Kim, you are amazing and don't ever let any dude tell you otherwise. I think you would be so much fun to be in a relationship with since you wouldnt be the typical "Movie and Dinner" kind of girl and it would never be dull.

Kimmy said...

Gee, thanks Anonymous Person. Kind of wish you weren't anonymous.... *shrug*

Anonymous said...

Is that a good shrug or a bad one? :) But seriously, you seem like an amazing person. Relax, breath, and you will see that everything will be fine. You will one day find that person that will make you as happy as you deserve to be.

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy."
Dalai Lama