Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Jobs and Thieving Moviemakers

First of all, I would like to begin with a proper rant.

Within the last two weeks I have seen the following movies:

Ghostwriter
Clash of the Titans
How to Train your Dragon

What do all of these movies have in common??

No title.

In all three of these movies (at least if I remember right) didn't show the film's title until the end of the movie.

Why?! Are you too lazy to create a decent opening for your film? Is a title sequence just too hard for you? I've seen more than just these movies doing this too. What if it's months from now, I'm watching TV, and your movie starts? Now, I'm poor, don't have digital cable, and I decide to wait for the title to come up... Waiting waiting waiting...

Nothing!

Gah!

I would also like to point out how many "cool points" you lose when you chose to set aside the name of your movie. How awesome is it when you're watching a movie for the first time (one you waited months or maybe even years for) and the dramatic music plays and the title appears in it's majestic manner? I don't know about you people, but I get chills and butterflies at the same time. It's such an "official" moment, you know? Like "yeeeeees! My movie! It's HERE! This is it!!"

Filmmakers around the world are ROBBING me of this awesomeness!

Thieves!!

The whole lot of you!!

On a totally unrelated note:

I got a job.

Tomorrow I start work at Nordstrom Rack. Yay, clothes! I do love clothes. Especially pretty ones, which they carry a lot of.
I must admit, I'm terribly nervous. I absolutely detest starting a new job. It's nerve wrecking to not know what you're doing. I hate having to think or say "sorry, I'm new". I prefer being knowledgeable. Especially when people are depending on you. However, I'll never get there if I don't start somewhere. Right? Right.

Eh... I'll just look on the bright side...

No dancing in 100 degree weather, across trolley tracks, in heels.

That, right there, is a win.

No comments: