Monday, April 20, 2009

Announcements



*sigh* Well, I'm back. Both physically, metaphorically, and bloggingly. Ha ha, I made up a word. My travels to the 801 were successful. I've learned many things. I feel I have a better understanding of what I need, what I want, and how much I still dislike snow. I believe I'll start with a general overview of the time I spent in the Southern part of Jordan (aka South Jordan).

I arrived unscathed to the Salt Lake City International Airport. The Orlando airport, on the other hand, was left with a bit of a gift from Evie. Yes... You guessed it. Poop. But, I don't really feel like reliving that horrifying moment. So, I'll move on...

I found my way to baggage claim, only to be greeted by my family holding a large sign saying "Welcome Home Kim". Embarrassed, again, at an airport. I tried to turn around, but the security guards wouldn't let me back through, into the terminal. So I had to face the spectacle. Barf. (I feel the need to interject here, and say that Andrea did do a nice job on the sign. It was the fact that it was there, not the lack of beauty, that annoyed me. For it was a grand banner, indeed). Anywho, that was the beginning of my week. 

That night I went with my cousins and sister to Liquid Joe's. Not my kind of club experience, but it wasn't too bad.

The next event was shoe shopping. We spent all day looking for the perfect pair for Easter brunch. After many hours of searching, we went back to the first store visited and bought the first pair I tried on and loved. Lesson here: go with your instincts. The next day, however, my mom's dog chewed my beloved pair of yellow, peep toe, pumps. I actually cried. Real tears, people. So sad. It wasn't too bad, though. I am still able to wear them, without notice of the teeth marks. *sigh* But, I know they're there. *sniffle* I don't want to talk anymore about them. 

Easter was delightful. The food was AMAZING. Beef, delicious beef. The park was good times, too. Evie enjoyed playing with her squirrel toy, Aly flew a kite, and I got attacked by a baby goat. Like I said, good times. After the park we had a little slumber party with the girls. Yes, Twilight and junk food were involved. 

The next morning was not so fun. I guess I'm no longer used to eating like a true fat kid and was sick sick sick sick sick. I'll spare you the gruesome details. It was poorly planned, though. This was the day I had a lunch appointment with a published fantasy writer, and the baseball game with the family I had specifically requested. So sad. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. I sucked it up, drugged up, and made it to my meeting. My career is important to me. It's my future. I got some great advice. One more step for my book. Awesome. I, also, made it to the baseball game. I don't think anything could keep me from a Buzz/Stingers/Bees game with my Grandpa. That's our thing. Always will be. 

The rest of the week was pretty relaxed. I went to lunch with Marcia and Lacie. They're my girls. It was so so so good to see them. I miss them terribly. 

At the end of my home visit I made an appointment with my once social worker Lew. He really helped me out with some issues I've been having, and some decisions I need to make. But, we'll get to that later.

My journey ended with snow. Salt Lake was sunny and beautiful. Denver, however, was not. I was stuck there for... I don't even know. Four hours...? Lots and lots of powdery white stuff was endlessly falling from the sky as if to taunt me with the feeling that I'll be stuck in Denver/Limbo forever. Now that I'm thinking of my trip home I'm remembering that I felt like I was in Limbo the whole time. When I'm in Utah I don't feel like it's really home anymore, but when I'm in Florida, I just feel like I'm there, even though it's not where I'm supposed to be. It's rather unsettling. Where do I belong? Utah, where I'm from, but not meant to return? Or Florida, where I am, but not meant to stay? It's enough to drive one mad. I finally made it back to Orlando, I might add. Poor Jessie had to pick me up at two in the morning. I would have left my sorry ass to rot there. But she's nicer than I am. I'd do the same for her, though. It's a best friend thing. *shrug*

Now on to the title of this blog and the "we'll get to that later" thing I mentioned. 

ANNOUNCEMENT #1: Kim is moving back to Utah. With a heavy heart I'll be leaving my Floridian friends and lifestyle to return to the Utard way of life. As I said before, I gotta do what I gotta do. It's about loyalty at this point. My loyalties lie with my family and myself. I need to remain emotionally stable and my family needs me. So that's where I'm going. I can write my novel anywhere, and it's my #1 priority right now, seeing as it's securing my future. Disney is no longer helping me, it's hindering me. So, it's time to go.  I don't know when, but it is going to happen. Most likely, not until July or later. So, relax, Florida friends. We've still plenty of time together. And, I'll remain seasonal, so I'll DEFINITELY be back. Feel better...?

ANNOUNCEMENT #2: I have chosen a career. I'm going to be a writer. I kind of feel it's my only talent at this point. Not that I'm really THAT talented at it. I just enjoy doing it and it makes me feel good to do it. My book is coming along, slowly but surely, but I'm really enjoying the process. I like to learn, and I feel like that's all I'm doing when I'm working on the novel. So, I feel good about it. Plus, when people hear I'm writing a book, they get all excited and tell me "that's so awesome!" Which can only lead me to believe that I don't totally suck at it. Therefore, I raise my glass ( as if I had an actual glass in my hand and were making an actual toast) to blind faith, big risk taking, and balls to the wall. We'll see how it goes. Disclaimer: I often change my mind in a rapid fashion (what a shocker). So I could rethink my "career" choice. However, I feel at this time, that the book will never be abandoned. End of disclaimer.

ANNOUNCEMENT #3: I have to pee. I know this is disgusting for some, and too much information for all, but I feel as though my blog needed a third announcement to be titled "Announcements". Two didn't seem like enough. *shrug* What else was I supposed to do?

That is the end of this entry. And, though, I ended with horrific news of my internal plumbing, I'm looking forward to some changes in my life. I will most definitely keep you all posted (because you all care SO MUCH) on the upcoming events as well as official dates. Thank you, hopefully, in advance for your support. If you don't support me. I don't care. I make it a point to not care whether people back me up or not in my decisions. Especially ones that affect only me. Which this one almost does. I firmly believe that I don't have to explain myself to anyone but myself, and I already know. I feel this is the right thing to do, and that should be enough for anyone, even myself. Remember earlier, with my shoes, I said I should have gone with my instincts...? Well, I'm going to. 

Did I just explain myself when I said I wasn't going to? Maybe I did, or maybe I was just thinking "out loud", I can't tell... Hmm...

That is all.

Namarie melloneamin

2 comments:

Dani said...

i enjoyed this entry. the only thing it lacked was the AWESOME pictures we took while you were home!! lol :o) i CANNOT wait to see those "live" on your blog. hahaha

i'm so glad you came home and had fun times! i love love love hanging out with you! and allison and cassandra was saying how much they loved hanging with you! we cannot wait to come visit!

Anonymous said...

Kim!
I know you know this....but I gotta say it! I am so GLAD you will be moving back to Utah! even if it's only for a short time!?!?

You are very talented with your writtting! I know you can do this! you have an amazing start! :-)