Sunday, March 29, 2009

Girl Power!

I have a pretty awesome BFF. I kind of feel the need to mention her on my wondrous blog. 

We've both been feeling pretty down the last while and decided to hang out today. We hit up the mall and found some cute new clothes for our trips home for Easter. Side note: Victoria's Secret outlets are the most amazing thing EVER. End of side note. It seems to me that she's been neglected on my blog. Not because of lack of awesomeness, but because she is too awesome. Lately, my blog has been my outlet for grievances and she is anything but a complaint. She's kind of the steady breath of fresh air. Me love her long time. 

I was having some concerns about going home for Easter (much like I was when I went home a year ago for my surgery). I was apprehensive, thinking that I may have a hard time returning to my life here in Florida, especially with things being as crappy as they have been. But, after I thought about it, I realized that I may not be coming home to a boyfriend, a successful job, or an awesome life, but I did have somebody to come home to. Jessie is my girl, and there is no way I can not have her in my life. So I have to come back. And, as a matter of fact, I WANT to. Our lives may be awful, but they're awful together. And, we can make fun of the people who settle and compromised themselves for a mediocre life. We may be miserable now, but we're fighting, and we have a war buddy to help each other out along the way. 

Who'd a thunk I'd be besties with a princess...? Ha!

Back to the shopping: we made our way through the outlet mall where we found the Victoria's Secret outlet store. Four dollar undies! Yes!! AND 75% off fragrances. AND the Spice Girls greatest hits album for three dollars!! Most excellent, indeed! I'm listening to it right this second. I love. *sigh* So good. 

The Spice Girls were good times for me. I will always love them. They helped me through my adolescence, and I am forever in their debt for that. I will defend them through and through NO MATTER WHAT. Talk about feel good music! Girl power! *flashes peace sign* Good times... No no, GREAT times...

Anywho, I end this blog with love to my Girls, both Spice and Yamaka. Girl power!!



Namarie melloneamin

P.S. The first photo above is the BFF and I at our costume Christmas party. That's how awesome we are. We throw costumed Christmas parties. The second photo should be self explanatory... At least, it better be, or we need to have a talk...

2 comments:

Dani said...

1st: the Spice Girls are amazing!!!! i want their greatest hits album!

2nd: i MUST go to the outlet mall while i'm there!

3rd: i'm so glad you have a bestie to rely on!! that is so important :o)

4th: i'm pretty sure cassandra has confirmed coming with allison and i in may. we should be buying out plane tix/rooms soon. w/in the next week/week half.

5th: GONG!!! miss you!

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

Do you still have all the Spice Girl barbies?? Such memories! You were the one who introduced me to them! I remember well listening to their music, watching the movie, and playing with the barbies. Those were the days!
P.S. How long are you going to be here? And how do we schedule an appointment to see the one and only fabulous Kimmy-Sue?