Thursday, January 20, 2011

Destiny?

So the school thing didn't happen for Spring 2011. But all is well.

I was really fighting with myself when it didn't happen. I was so pumped, and felt like my "plan" was so right. I was headed in the right direction, and things were going to fall into place. Then, it didn't happen. My paperwork didn't get to me in time, and there was not a damn thing I could have done about it. I panicked. Was this the Fate's way of telling me not to go to school? Was this not meant to be after all? Am I destined to be a bum with a head full of dreams and the gumption for nothing? I really, 100% fully felt it was the Gods telling me I may never amount to anything.

Then! Things took a most interesting turn. The other day, whilst doing nothing particularly worthy of note, I was conversing with mine cousin Andrea. You all remember her. She's the extremely photogenic one, only six months my junior. Any who, I was explaining how I was already thinking of changing my major to art history being as now I had time to lose some focus and think (thinking is bad for me, gets me into trouble). She wondered what I was to do with such a degree in Utah. Perfectly legitimate question. I answered with a laugh and a "girl, I'm not staying in Utah, I'm moving."
"Where?"
"Anywhere! Probably Europe."
There was her light bulb. Bam! You can go places.

Thus, a whole new plan was born.

Destiny isn't stopping me from going to school. I was only being postponed so Andrea could join me. And, that's exactly what she's going to do. We're going to learn, live, and get degrees together.

Now we just need to put all out little brilliant ducks in a row, and our new lives will unfold before us. We're so excited to go to school and learn about the things we love, while securing our future well being.

It's kind of funny. I was so afraid of going back to school, and taking on the overwhelming project of a successful life. Then, I was even more terrified of it not happening, no matter how hard I fought for it. And, now, I'm back to being excited and hopeful. Not only that, I've got someone who'll have my back (and I hers) when things get rough and frightening. Which, they will. Destiny knew I needed a little extra strength, and apparently, someone else did two. Now, we've got each other and we can take on the world. In fact... We're planning to.

Look out!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

LoL I love how you describe me as the "photogenic one". Anyways, we're going to kick ass! France watch out, here we come!