Saturday, November 20, 2010

Um, I'm Going to College

I think.

Well, I'm pretty sure I am. I mean, I applied and am probably paying the application fee tomorrow. So... I guess I am.

For the last little while (or my whole life) I've felt this nagging pull to be more. Do more. To choose a career, and a lifestyle, that gives back. Not really a "I want to help people" kind of song, but more of a "I can do better and fight for good things" roar.

Which is exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to major in international studies, and go on to be awesome. It's literally going to be "look out world, here I come!" I'm tired of sitting at home, watching TV, wishing I was a great success. Therefore, I'm going to make my own success. I'm not too old. I'm only a little bit old.

I'm going to march right through a degree. I'll have a bachelor's degree before I'm 30. That's right, you heard me. 30. I got this. I'm not at all worried. It may suck some days, but I'll be alright. My focus is there and it's good.

Another reason I've chosen this incredibly grueling education path, is my non existent love life. I'm going to marry my career. I could get a regular job, continue to develop my social circle, find "Mr. Right" (gag me) and live in West Jordan with our SUV. Or! I can say "suck it" and decide on a noble career, that will make me happy. Then, I can spend my time, at a job I love, making myself feel important. If I happen to meet someone along the way, that'll be fine. If not, I'll be happy and significant on my own, and all will be well.

I want to be successful, I want to love what I do, and I want to do something incredible.

Balls to the walls, I'm going for it.