Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Windpipe is Ablaze!!

Fire!

Fire in my throat!!

It's on fire!

Seriously. My larynx is a flaming pillar of rage. It's angry.

Everything else is in fine condition. No runny nose, no phlegm. Not even a headache. Well, I did have a tiny headache yesterday, but I'm pretty sure that was due to lack of morning coffee. It has since passed.

I have to chuckle to myself, though. If I were still working at Disney, I'd be FREAKING OUT. Now, when my throat hurts, I say "Huh... my throat hurts. That kind of sucks" instead of "Oh my God! My livelihood completely depends on my voice and the ability to be loud and obnoxious with it!!" That's a delightful improvement on my life.

Granted, I work in customer service and do nothing but talk. I feel like I can lower my decibel, though, and cut it down to just the required amount of conversation. "Hi, you owe this much, peace out."

Right... like I could do that.

In other news, I'm going to Florida. Yes! I leave June 9th. Huzzah!! Now I've got to get a hold of a few people and set up a luncheon or two.

The beach!! Two nights at the beach! What a wondrous vacation it will be. Maybe I'll chat with a boy or two... *gasp!*

I'm still on the fence about working. It's probably not going to happen, let's be honest. The thought of the tunnels, and/or cosmo makes my skin crawl. Meh.

*shudder*

Leftover mexican food in the fridge! Gotta go.

2 comments:

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

I had that last week! Nothing but a super sore throat. It went away a negative strep test and about 3-4 days of napping with my baby (instead of working on my book during that time). Good luck! And have a blast in Florida!

Abigail Rogers said...

I see that you are interested in Great Britain! Perhaps you would enjoy my blog:

http://picturesofgreatbritain.blogspot.com/

As often as possible I will post photographs of glorious vistas, charming close-ups, delicious recipes and interesting tidbits of life in Great Britain for the pleasure of Britophiles everywhere!